Next Date TBD
Grand Canyon, AZ
Our three-day/two-night backpacking adventure to Indian Garden is our shortest overnight backpacking trip at Grand Canyon, but don’t let that fool you. We’ll pack a lot of excitement into these three days! During this trip we’ll enjoy one of the best inner-Canyon views at Plateau Point, relax to the sounds of nearby Garden Creek, and maybe even day hike down to the Colorado River nestled at the bottom of the Canyon! Join guides Kendrick and Mandy on a memorable backpacking and camping trip down the scenic Bright Angel Trail to the tranquil Indian Garden Campground about 3,000 vertical feet below the Grand Canyon’s South Rim! Here, we’ll spend three days and two nights surrounded by towering canyon walls and a natural beauty that most tourists can only dream of seeing!
The Grand Canyon has been a huge source of inspiration for us over the years. In 2019, we guided our first Rim-to-River backpacking trip in the Canyon. Since then we’ve been trying to develop more itineraries for hikers of all ability levels to allow more people to experience one of the most beautiful place on Earth! This trip is a perfect introduction to hiking in the Grand Canyon and is great for most ages and ability levels!
At minimum for the roundtrip, we’ll hike about 10 miles with 3,000 feet gain/loss to get to/from our campsite at Indian Garden. Including all optional day hikes, the total roundtrip mileage is about 19 miles with 4,700 feet gain/loss. Once we get to camp at Indian Garden all hikes are optional. With two guides we’ll be able to split the group and allow for both easier and more ambitious day hike options!
On this trip we will provide more services than your typical guided backpacking and camping experience. Our goal is to take people to a place they might not be able to reach on their own and share our knowledge and love of backpacking, hiking, and camping.
Click here to see why to choose us!
- Guiding services from a company operating legally within Grand Canyon National Park. We have all required Commercial Use Authorizations and backcountry camping permits.
- Guaranteed two guides for every trip regardless of how many clients are in the trip
- Pre-trip review of each individual’s backpack and all the gear they intend to bring.
- 2 nights of backcountry camping reservations below the rim of the Canyon
- 3 days of hiking below the rim of the Canyon
- All meals while backpacking
- We will cook all meals for clients
- All necessary camping/hiking gear, including:
- Sleeping bags
- Inflatable sleeping pads
- Inflatable camp pillows
- Trekking poles
- Dinnerware kits (collapsible plate, collapsible coffee mug, long-handles spork)
- Microspikes (traction devices for walking on snow/ice)
- We will set up and take down camp every time for clients using our gear. We will take the time to teach anyone how to do this, if interested.
What’s Optional (Available for an Extra Fee):
(If you decide later that you’d like to use our portering services we can arrange payment or you can reserve at the time of reserving your spot)
- +$200—Portering (your guides will carry these items) of tent camping gear throughout the trip on a first come, first served basis (depending on space/weight constraints in guides backpacks). This includes:
- Sleeping bag
- Inflatable sleeping pad
- Inflatable camp pillow
- Note: If a client insists on using their own gear and having it portered we reserve the right to refuse carrying it based on size and weight. Our gear is REALLY lightweight and packs down small, which allows for us to offer portering services.
What’s NOT included:
- National Park entry fees
- Transportation to/from Grand Canyon National Park South Rim (Grand Canyon Village)
- Any transportation within the park that is not on the shuttle bus
- Accommodation on/near the South Rim of the Canyon before/after backpacking trip
- Personal snacks for during the hike
- Any food/drinks purchased before entering or after exiting the Canyon (even if we meet as a group for these meals)
- Portering services of all non-camping gear (personal clothing items, water, snacks, cameras, miscellaneous gear, etc.)
- Gratuity for your guides (optional)
Group Size Limit: 4 to 9 clients plus 2 guides
(Note: Group size will be determined by the type of backcountry camping permit we are issued from the National Park. We reserve the right to cancel any trip that doesn’t meet our required minimum number of clients. Most of our trips will be limited to 4 clients and 2 guides.)
Bring a friend (or three!) and save!
See special group pricing. If you would like to pay separetly, contact us!